RustAll

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

shotgunlebowski

RustAll

Post by shotgunlebowski »

Anyone know where to buy this locally? I didn't see it in my LHS would Michaels sell it?
kenlilly106

Post by kenlilly106 »

Never seen it in Michael's, do you have a model train store nearby? It's marketed more for weathering model RR stuff.

Ken
The Mad Klingon

Post by The Mad Klingon »

The product is crap.

I purchased it to create a rusty muffler on a 1/35 Stug a few years back and after following the directions and applying several coats I gave up and created the rust with paint.

I would recommend Mig Pigments to create very realistic rust effects.

If you have your heart set on RustAll I would try your local train shop or purchase it online.
Ridged for her pleasure.

<a href="http://www.fpkclub.com/"> www.fpkclub.com</a>
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Rustall is best found in train hobby stores.

I have used it to good effect in several projects but you've got to be willing to give up a lot of control to use it. Great for painting something black and then dousing it in Rustall but can also be too much or too little depending on scale.

Micheal's will carry the Triangle Crafts Sophisticated Finishes which is a 2 part system. First part is a heavy (literally) paint followed by an aging solution. The base coat is quite thick and can obscure details.
Abolish Alliteration
shotgunlebowski

Post by shotgunlebowski »

I just need it to make a model stand look like a rusted piece of crap. So not overly worried about it ruining anything. We have a large train store close buy I will check it out.