Aztek adaptors?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

nicholassagan

Aztek adaptors?

Post by nicholassagan »

So I have an Aztek airbrush for the time being...I'd like to sell it because it's a little overkill for me...BUT I have an air hose that's incompatible with the brush's connector. Does anyone know of adapters that go from Aztek to 1/4"?
Big Game Nerd

Post by Big Game Nerd »

Yeah, any hardware store should be able to set you up with what you need. I had to get one for a Badger hose that came with the aerosol can a long time ago.
Hope that helps
Steve
nicholassagan

Post by nicholassagan »

yeah i stopped by a local Ace and they had nothing. i even stopped by 2 local art supply stores and they didn't have what i need. there are a couple of other places i can try before i break down and either dig through storage to find the original hose or order the $15 dollar replacement....depends on how much the adapters at the shops are i suppose...

i have an airhose on order that has 1/8" female couplers on both ends...but even though the specs on my compressor say 1/8" it sure as heck looks like 1/4" on a ruler :roll: so it looks like i'll need a 1/8 to 1/4 AND a 1/8 to aztek (1/16?)
Joseph C. Brown

Post by Joseph C. Brown »

Several years ago, I had a similar issue, and the local Home Depot pipe fittings area had the parts I needed.

I did bring the parts in with me so the store staff 'genius' working there at the time could clearly grasp precisely what I was looking for, and 5 minutes later, had the correct fitting.
________
Joe Brown
nicholassagan

Post by nicholassagan »

Joseph C. Brown wrote:\bring the parts in with me
thats the plan...as soon as i have my hose i can go get adapters if needed. i was more curious to know whether or not anyone knew of a specific place to get this one im talking about.