B. Rogers Starfighter color

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

homeboy

B. Rogers Starfighter color

Post by homeboy »

I'm working on restoring an old Monogram Buck Roger's Starfighter kit. I'm not sure what color the base coat should be. The instructions say light gray, but I always thought the color was much lighter. Kind of an off white or pale tan. I've looked at Testor's Camoflage Grey, but this looks too yellow. Has anyone built one of these who can tell me what color is appropriate? or does anyone have any specific information about the studio model?
mastermodelreview

Post by mastermodelreview »

Not sure on this one, mate. I'll try asking on the BR forum over at resinilluminati.com, and get back to you if I find out anything. Hang in there. :)
Romulan Spy

Post by Romulan Spy »

Can't say for sure how the studio model was painted, but the fighter always looked white-ish on screen, depending on the particular bit of stock footage that was used for each scene. I would go with a very light gray, maybe FS 36495. Model Master makes this in both enamel and acrylic. You could always adjust the color with white or tan to suit your own preference.
Richard Baker

Post by Richard Baker »

I made mine white just a touch of gray- weathering tones it down nicely.

"The future is not what it used to be" - G'Kar

Things go wrong and bad things happen- that is just the way the world is-
It is how you deal with it that tells the world who you truly are.

“Censorship is telling a man he can’t have a steak just because a baby can’t chew it.” -Mark Twain

Deviant Art Gallery-
http://phaedrus-3.deviantart.com/