Used Future for the first ime last night...

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

CaptainHawk1

Used Future for the first ime last night...

Post by CaptainHawk1 »

Love it, works great. Now how long should I let it cure before putting on my decals?

-Shawn :smoke:
Sci Fi Smoker

Post by Sci Fi Smoker »

A day would be good.
A free man can never be defeated, he can only be killed.
GYSGT Hartman

Post by GYSGT Hartman »

Yep. A day...although in a pinch 8 hours is usually sufficient!

Once you use Future, you won't want to use anything else. ;)
CaptainHawk1

Post by CaptainHawk1 »

I've got about 19 hours into it right now and I live in Vegas (obviously very hot and dry this time of year) so I'm probably pretty good. I love this s***. The finish is unbelievable.

Last edited by CaptainHawk1 on Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

Remember to overcoat the decals with more Future - after you clean any excess adhesive residue.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
CaptainHawk1

Post by CaptainHawk1 »

I am going to be putting decals on top of decals. I've started to put the aztecking decals on the 1701-A and after that I am going to put registry decals and all of the other detail decals on top of the Aztecking decals. I'm going to guess that I'll need to put the future on the first set of decals before I attempt to lay a second set down, correct?

TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

It's not absolutely necessary, but if you're happy with the decals it's best to seal them before moving on to the next step.

Terry Miesle
darth_daniel

Post by darth_daniel »

May I ask something about future, can it be sent by normal mail or it this forbidden since it´s a chemical? Does anyone know? Thanks for any info! :)
TER-OR
Site Admin

Post by TER-OR »

It's pretty neutral stuff - acrylic in a water base (with alcohols or esters to make it evaporate quicker).

Future is sold in Europe, though. Look for Acrylic Floor Polishes - Johnson's Kleer is one name.

Terry Miesle