uk flashing curcuit builder?

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

nickymaude

uk flashing curcuit builder?

Post by nickymaude »

i am doing a amt cutaway tos enterprise, and im half way through, ive successfully replicated the spinning domes effect, i think it looks pretty cool, but now im at the point where i need a flasher curcuit for the nav lights. I have zero knowledge about building flasher ciruits, and very much want to continue with this kit. Is there anyone here in uk that could build me a nav circuit, i need one red, one green and two white all flashing at the same rate, and i need it at about 12 volts, or could someone please direct me to a site that does them, (if one exists), i would greatly appreciate anyones help with this, thank you.
Matt1982

Post by Matt1982 »

Build your own! It's easy and fun!

But they cost $30-$50 if you buy a pre-made by madman lighting. Or $10-$20 if you make it yourself.
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

nickymaude....second circuit from the bottom. $15.25. Check out the other lighting effects too (they have Nav. lights) pre-made and all affordable.
http://www.ngineering.com/lighting%20ef ... hicles.htm
Buck Laughlin: [after Beatrice the dog jumps up on the show judge] He went for her like she's made outta ham.
~Best in Show, 2000
Sloucher

Post by Sloucher »

Hi nickymaude

I can do a navigation flasher circuit which will flash the red and green leds at any rate you choose and also flash white leds (which I assume you want to represent the strobe marker lights?). The white leds can flash at a different rate to the red/green leds if required.

Its the lower (green) circuit board here:
http://wiredfx.co.uk/blog/mk3-effects-kit-now-available

Cost would be around £6 if you wanted the leds wired directly to the board, it may be a smidgin more if you wanted the molex connectors I've used in that example on the website.

PM me if you're interested.

Bernie
WiredFX

Small Lighting and Effects UK