Polar lights 1/350 refill trek modeler light kit power suppl

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

cptart

Polar lights 1/350 refill trek modeler light kit power suppl

Post by cptart »

:?: Hello all I am starting my buildPolar lights 1/350 refill ... ( and i have the trekmodeler light kit on the way, trekmodeler support told me to use the 9v ac/dc 1200ma center possitive power unit... i need some help finding a 9v ac or 9vcd 1200ma unit on line can anyone help me with this? if someone has a link to a shopping site please lat me know :) of if someone is useing this light kit what power supply are you useing.
thanks all
Matty1973

Post by Matty1973 »

It would help to know your location before anyone suggested an online store

I am in Australia and bought mine on eBay for $27 it came from Hong Kong and came with my regions adapter, it was a 230v unit, but if your in U.S u need 110v
Check out my Borg Enhanced Voyager
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaMTm4Lvmk
cptart

Post subject: Polar lights 1/350 refill trek modeler light k

Post by cptart »

Hello I live in Atlanta GA USA, as I posted i need to find a power supply of 9v ac or a dc 1200ma unit for the stock trek modeler light system . as of today no luck online ... thanks for the post
cptart
Scott Hasty

Post by Scott Hasty »

This should do.

Nine volt adapters are difficult to find with that kind of current capacity due to the devices produced for that voltage. Most require less than half an amp. Shame the kit isn't 12 volt; lots of adapters with that kind of current capacity...
I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason
cptart

Thank you

Post by cptart »

Scott Hasty :D thanks for your link this is what i needed to start my system
Much thanks to YOU.