Testors paints?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

DanDan

Testors paints?

Post by DanDan »

I am in the uk and am trying to get hold of testors acrylics but cannot find anywhere that sells them. Does anyone know of a dealer in the uk or europe, or anywhere that will ship to the uk. If not does anyone recommend another brand that is available to me in the uk. I am new to airbrushing and have used tamiya paints and wanted to try something different. Vallejo i understand is a good make but have not tried them yet.

Cheers

Dan
irishtrek

Post by irishtrek »

Have you tried emailing Testors and asking them where and if you can get the MM acrylics over in the UK?
Normal?? What is normal??
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

Testors MM paints do not meet the latest European requirements for the labelling & documentation for the import of hazardous chemicals. So, in other words, it is illegal to import them into the UK (or EU for that matter).

The Vallejo Model Air paints are superb and do not need thinning. And the colour range is big.

S'n'M are about the cheapest UK suppliers I've come across and they do the full range with bulk discounts....

http://snmstuff.co.uk/default.aspx
Last edited by seam-filler on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

thanks very much both of u, i did email testors and they have given me a dealer link in the uk so will try them and give vallejo a go aswell.

Thanks people, as always someone comes up with the goods