Cleanclay, can't find it locally, what about Modeling Clay?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

OdysseySlipways

Cleanclay, can't find it locally, what about Modeling Clay?

Post by OdysseySlipways »

i find myself needing more clay than what I have on hand to finish prepping a mold. I thought I saw cleanclay at either Micheal's or AC Moore, but i find today that neither have it. i did pick up a packet of Modeling lay by Van Aken as it stays soft and won't harden when backed, but haven't nuked it yet to make it more plyable.

anyone ever use this modeling Clay by Van Aken?

anyone have any other ideas where i might find Cleanclay for sale locally?
Chris,
Odyssey Slipways

Odyssey Slipways on Facebook

Now accepting Pay Pal, I'll be taking your money now ........... (waves hand in the air, using Jedi Mind trick)
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

The Van Aken is what I've used. It's sulfur free so should be ok.
Abolish Alliteration
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

I bought a TON of clean clay at (get this) a school supply store at me local mall. It was like $1.99 for a pound pkg. If you want some, PM me, I'll pick some up for you. Comes in like 5 different colors too.
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Here's some pics of the stuff I have.

16 oz. boxes, and they have like 6 different colors. I got tan. They have red, yellow, blue, green, tan, white, and I think brown.

The name of the store was Holcomb's The Know Place. It's like an elemetary school teacher's supply store.

Anyone needs this stuff, let me know. I'll only charge what I pay for the clay + postage. Don't forget: They are 1 pound bricks each.
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
OdysseySlipways

Post by OdysseySlipways »

blue sounds good, i guess 6 packets of the stuff (npt olike i'll use them all a once anytime soon, but for that price, it can't hurt to have them.
Chris,
Odyssey Slipways

Odyssey Slipways on Facebook

Now accepting Pay Pal, I'll be taking your money now ........... (waves hand in the air, using Jedi Mind trick)