Decal Setting Solution causing stains?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

zysurge

Decal Setting Solution causing stains?

Post by zysurge »

I'm having a problem with my decal setting solution leaving a stain or discoloration around the decal after it dries. I'm using MicroScale's MicroSet over a base of Future.

After the decals dry for an hour or so I can use a damp washcloth to rub the stain away, but this is dangerous at best as I fear damaging the decals.

Has anyone else seen this? I know my solution is a couple years old, maybe I need to replace it? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

What color is teh stain? White-ish? Sometimes MicroSet sometimes affects the acrylic undercoat, but if you wait a bit for everything to set it'll go away (usually).
Abolish Alliteration
Bomech1

Post by Bomech1 »

Ive used microscale alot It's ok. After reading terrors bit on decals Microsol is the tits. Are you washing off the adhesive from the decal? I use very old decals given to me from other modelers and this becomes a problem. some of my decals are 20yrs old or better. terrors bit is way good read it. Finishing is the most grueling part for me. gotta build.
Brian :D