paasche vl airbrush help plz

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

plasmahal

paasche vl airbrush help plz

Post by plasmahal »

i recently acquired a paasche vl double action airbrush.

it was an unused airbrush, spotless in the original box.

the only thing was the guy i bought it from didnt have the instructions/manual.

i have been to the paasche website but couldnt find anything that looked like a downloadable manual and i don't know anyone who has a similar airbrush.

i havent used it yet but i want to know the best/safest way to dissmantle and clean the airbrush without damaging it.

all help appreciated.
karim

Post by karim »

OK... what I do with mine:

Remove any paint-cup you have attached. Make sure you have wound the trigger preset-knob all the way down to 0.

Unscrew & remove the red rear handle.

loosen the needle retention knob (under the red handle).

draw the needle back about an inch to clear the needle tip from the front end (so you don't ding it while removing the tips) or pull it all the way out, depending on how much you want to disassemble the brush.

unscrew the conical nozzle from the front.

Using the provided wrench, unscrew the tip retention collar (what the nozzle screws onto) and the tip will come off too.

Clean the tip, nozzle, and tip retention collar as desired (I use an ultrasonic bath & pipe-cleaners).

If you've removed the needle entirely (generally, I do this every now and then, or every day after a day of shooting acrylic), very gently clean the needle (also an ultrasonic bath). At this point, I ususally run a pipe-cleaner brush through the color-cup input and out the front end of the brush.

To reasseble:

reattach the tip & retention collar by hand (don't use the wrench to tighten it all the way down yet).

screw the nozzle back on the retention collar.

gently insert the needle from the back, (gently navigating the trigger choke-point) all the way down and through the tip. Do not tighten the needle retention knob.

using the wrench, tighten the tip retention collar.

Now, tighten the needle retention knob.

put the nozzle-cap on and reattach the red handle.
Mark Yungblut

Post by Mark Yungblut »

Here yah go...

http://acm.smsu.edu/~jacktaylor/customs/ab/ab-dis.html

http://acm.smsu.edu/~jacktaylor/customs/ab/ab-ass.html

I hope you enjoy your VL as much I have mine. One thing though. What ever you do, don't loose the plastic protectors for the needles. Particularly the #1. It has an extremely delicate end.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
- Benjamin Franklin

"I am recalibrating my lack of faith in humanity. I start by reading opinions on message boards…"
- Dogbert

"What is his Comprehension level? Are we talking Human, Squirrel or Anvil?"
- Dilbert
plasmahal

Post by plasmahal »

ah.... thats magic...

those links is what i was looking for.

thanks for everyones help.