pinstriping the Batmobile

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

TB2

pinstriping the Batmobile

Post by TB2 »

I'm faced with the rather daunting (to me) task of having to apply the "red" pinstriping on the 1966 TV Batmobile. I've thought of using tape but there are a lot of tight curves that will be a problem. Any suggestions? If paint is suggested what should I use to apply it to get a clean edge?
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
BALTA1

Post by BALTA1 »

There was an article in FSM I believe where they used some type 3M tape. I can take a look when I get home.
Stir not the bitterness in the cup I have mixed for myself!
Tony Agustin

Post by Tony Agustin »

I was thinking of painting the 'red' areas first and cutting thin strips of tape the exact width of the 'stripe' and taping over the red areas. Then I would shoot some black over it and once it was cured I'd peel away the tape strips revealing the red stripes.
It might work.
mongoose

Post by mongoose »

i airbrush for a living and when i need a very precise thin line, i sometimes do what Tony said. it works perfect and in fact i just finished a job the other day with tons of delicate (you guessed it) red lines against a black background. but on a car model, sometimes i will take the time to mask the line, just depends on the shape and contours. tony's idea is easier i find.
cheers
back to action!