Air hose fittings - Paasche vs. Badger

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

MGMorden

Air hose fittings - Paasche vs. Badger

Post by MGMorden »

Ok, I just got a new Paasche Millenium airbrush as an extra brush to use when working on a model. Problem is, it doesn't take the same hose fittings as all my other brushes do (the rest all use the Badger hose).

Now, I saw that Dixie Art and some sites have adaptors, but after paying shipping that would end up costing almost $15 to get one here. If possible I'd rather just get an adaptor from Home Depot or something.

Question is: does anyone know what the thread size is on the Paasche brushes vs. the Badger brushes? I think it's 1/8" on Badger but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.
Romulan Spy

Post by Romulan Spy »

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=BG0091

Is this what you are looking for? Four bucks for the fitting, don't know what the shipping will be. Also, do you have a decent hobby shop in your area? My LHS carries Badger brushes and parts and the owner can order what isn't in stock. Check around, you might be able to get a local vendor to order one for you.
MGMorden

Post by MGMorden »

That's what I'm looking for, but with shipping it isn't going to be very cost effective to order just that part. I'd have to wait until I had some other stuff to order.

Unfortuneatly the hobby shop situation around her is pretty bleak. There's a Michael's and an AC Moore's about 60 miles away. They have some very limited airbrush supplies. The only hobby shop is also that far out but they focus solely on Trains and they stock very little paint related stuff.

I'm hoping to find an equivalent adaptor at a local hardware store or something to save on shipping and so that I can get the brush working ASAP :).