Fluorescent Paints?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Aptivaboy

Fluorescent Paints?

Post by Aptivaboy »

Does anyone have recommendations for the best glowy or highly reflective paints for warp engines?

Many thanks,

Bob
Then fall in lads behind the drum
With colours blazing like the sun
Along the road to come what may
Over the hills and far away
irishtrek

Re: Fluorescent Paints?

Post by irishtrek »

I've bought glow in the dark paints for the same reason, glowing warp engines but they don't like styrene for some reason.
Normal?? What is normal??
Mr. E Man

Post by Mr. E Man »

I believe that Testors still makes fluorescent glow-in-the-dark colors in their small, square glass jars that can be found at places like Hobby Lobby.

E
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I thought that Testors paint set was flourescent, (UV/blacklight) not luminous (charged by natural/artificial light).
"Of all the chili that I've eaten in my travels, this has the most.......Cumin."
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

Green Stuff World do a range of "Fluor" fluorescent paints, These emit light when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light. Their pigments are designed to absorb UV light and then re-emit it at a higher energy level, which causes them to appear bright and vibrant in the presence of UV light.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson