accurate At-At blue prints

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

jpolacchi

accurate At-At blue prints

Post by jpolacchi »

I'm working on modifying the Revell At-At and am wondering where I can find(or who I can contact) to get accurate blue prints for the At-At.I already have bp for the head to scratch build,but I need something to make the corrections on the body.The rest I am following older RPF forums/posts.
Richard Baker

Re: accurate At-At blue prints

Post by Richard Baker »

The RPF is still probably your best shot on getting things accurate. There are blueprints out there but a lot of the details are wrong. I think the Star Wars 'Chronicles' book has some good references, there was also a hardback book about Imperial vehicles but I need to check to see if the ATAT is covered.
"The future is not what it used to be" - G'Kar

Things go wrong and bad things happen- that is just the way the world is-
It is how you deal with it that tells the world who you truly are.

“Censorship is telling a man he can’t have a steak just because a baby can’t chew it.” -Mark Twain

Deviant Art Gallery-
http://phaedrus-3.deviantart.com/
jpolacchi

Post by jpolacchi »

Well,what I really need(and I wish I could contact them and just ask),but I am not a member of the RPFanymore(I left it years ago) are acurate prints from a couple of guys who did the builds.A couple of the threads I have been following (and the builds were incredible) they made blue-prints and comparision prints to the actual studio scale At-At and the Revell kit.If memory serves, the S.S At-At and the Revell kit are "right on" as far as size,scale and proportions(except the head,I have the Baloo patterns),but the details on the Revell kit are lacking or wrong as you mentioned.I just need something as a guide to have in front of me
ajmadison

Post by ajmadison »

(IMHO) I believe there aren't any art department blueprints of the AT-AT. I just went through the Rinzler Star Wars: Blueprints book and there are no blueprints of the AT-AT. A bunch for the chicken walker, but only photographs for the AT-AT. My suspicion is that because of the AT-AT stop motion FX miniature needs, there was a lot of back and forth between George & the Art Design team and the miniature construction team. Any drawing would have been immediately obsolete. The obscenely expensive Japanese book covering episodes IV, V, & VI, does have some photographs of the AT-AT FX miniature taken as pseudo orthographic views. Not exactly helpful, but good luck.
Please see my Facebook Page showcasing my work.
https://www.facebook.com/ajmadisonmodels/#
jpolacchi

Post by jpolacchi »

There's a pretty good "build group" on FB for the At-At and i think that includes the AT-ST.I suppose that because in ROTJ a "full scale prop" of the AT-ST was made and that more detailed blueprints were used(but that is only an educated guess).Other guys are better at this sort of thing that me.They have cad/computer software they use to more or less copy the S.S At-At just buy scanning photos in of it that are available I guess?