Badger Airbrush recommendations?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Antenociti

Badger Airbrush recommendations?

Post by Antenociti »

We're buying an airbrush in and as we can get 'Badger' at trade prices we've got a choice from their range 'only' (unless they are all useless!)

Does anybody have any experience with them (and their compressors) and can recommend (or warn-off from) any of their dual-action airbrushes?
NikToo

Post by NikToo »

You couldn't set up a fellow UK modeller with a 360 and maybe a compressor? :D
Sdf-1

Post by Sdf-1 »

Well I have Badger Crescendo. It should be pretty good for a Badger. But I haven't ever even tried any other ab. It's easy to clean and you can change different size needle in few seconds.
But I have to say I'm wishing to get a gravitional feed Iwata someday in the distant future. Maybe.
More topical thing is that I've been thinking to get for example Badger 200 NH for single-action use. Priming, basecoating & clear coating. Though I don't know about it any more than what is said on a Finnish online shop site.
Antenociti

Post by Antenociti »

NikToo wrote:You couldn't set up a fellow UK modeller with a 360 and maybe a compressor? :D
Drop me an email on antenociti@barrule.com and i'll get back to you when the 2006 price list turns up (next week).

360 sound slike a good starting point actually.

We can also get Revell - no idea if they are any good, cant find much on them.
Romulan Spy

Post by Romulan Spy »

I like the Badger 100 Series:

http://www.dixieart.com/Badger100.html

I have the 100G with a medium tip, and a 100SG with a fine tip. The fine tipped brush will spray a very fine line (with properly thinned paint), while the medium tip brush is more of a general-purpose gun. Both models are easy to clean and dis-assemble.

I used the SG to paint the mottled camouflage on this Bf-109:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ ... bre038.jpg
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

The 360 is the most flexible airbrush out there. It's a nice general use brush.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
Sdf-1

Post by Sdf-1 »

TER-OR wrote:The 360 is the most flexible airbrush out there. It's a nice general use brush.
Yeah, it sounds pretty amazing, when I read about it now. I guess it's a new model.

Any opinions about the Badger 200 NH? I'm really interested to get a single-action airbrush for bigger work (possibly for something else too). In addition to my Crescendo.
Antenociti

Post by Antenociti »

TER-OR wrote:The 360 is the most flexible airbrush out there. It's a nice general use brush.
I think that that term pretty much defines intended use - and reading here and elsewhere the 360 gets a lot of good reviews for the money - cheers.
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

I use a Badger 150, although it's the only thing I use, so I can't compare it with anything else. But I've never heard anything bad about it.
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.