Mr Surfacer 1200 Spray Can vs. Airbrush Application

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

WarpeD

Mr Surfacer 1200 Spray Can vs. Airbrush Application

Post by WarpeD »

I recently ordered two large containers of Mr Surfacer 1200 from GreatModels.com. I was intending to apply via airbrush, but what appeared on my doorstep were two cans of spray Mr. Surfacer - not bottles. What's really aggravating is that there's no mention of this on the website - it just listed the volume as 170ml. Beware!!

Well I'm not nuts about this, but rather than go to the extended hassle of returning the product and spending more money for the same volume of primer, I thought I'd ask those of you that have used Mr S from the bomb what luck you've had. I want to prime and paint the mount-from-inside detail elements of my FMMF, and don't want to cake it on. I hate spray cans, and I'm a perfetionist.

Helpers? Opines? Suggestions?
USSARCADIA

Post by USSARCADIA »

I've found it the best spay primer and had no problems. I just can't find it local anymore as the Best 1 Hobbies moved farther away.
Did you eat your Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs this morning?
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

I use spraycan 1000 and 500. Both apply VERY nicely. You won't have a problem. It might seem like you're applying too thick, but it dries very well and doesn't screw up panel lines or anything.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati