Matching Testors paint - Model Master vs Pollyscale

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

kenobi1125

Matching Testors paint - Model Master vs Pollyscale

Post by kenobi1125 »

Hey,

Got a paint question. Testors has many arylic paint brands, Model Master, Floqui, Pollyscale and even Pactra. The question is, if I get a paint colour from one, will it match with an identically named paint from another?

Panzer Olive green is one I've seen under Polly and MM, I've been told to get Polly, but my stores don't carry the Military paints, just railroad. But they do have it for the MM line.

Anyone know the answer?
scanam2005

Post by scanam2005 »

Matching different brands of paint is very difficult. One manufacturer will call a color "dark green" and another "forest green." However when paints have the same five digit Federal Standard number they generally will match though there may be be small changes in texture.
The best reference for matching colors is the color chart on the IPMS Stockholm site at ipmsstockholm.org
kenobi1125

Post by kenobi1125 »

Thanks for the reply.

But (there's always a but), I'm talking about paints from the same manufacturer, just different brands.

I just check the ipmsstockholm.org but I don't see any specific link to a colour chart, nor did a search turn up anything - do you happen to have a direct link?

:D