Word generating computer program?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

guartho

Word generating computer program?

Post by guartho »

Ok, this is a random idea. In the movie "National Treasure" the main characters are trying to crack a password. They dust the keypad for prints and know the letters that make up the password. One of the characters inputs the letters into a computer program that then spits out a long list of words made from those letters.

I am kit-bashing a Polar Lights 1701. As I look a the decal sheet and the four starship names I have as a source, I wonder if there is a similar program to the fictitious movie program that could help me find a good and original name using the kit's decals. Has anyone heard of such a program? If so, where can I get it without showing up on Dept of Homeland Security "Watch-this-guy" lists.

(Althouh I probably already am since I posted the words password, fingerprints, and Dept of Homeland Security so I guess it's a moot point.)

edit: Well, I haven't found anything so far, but here are the letters broken down by their abundance, as well as the letters not available

8 - EEEEEEEE
5 - TTTTT
4 - NNNN
3 - RRRIII
2 - SSOOAALL
1 - CPDFX

BGHJKMQUVWYZ
macfrank

Post by macfrank »

Well, I don't know how much modeling you'll (eventually) get to do in Gitmo, but...

one place to start is with an Anagram generator. There are other, smarter anagram generators on the Web; just use google to find them.

Frank