Createx paint

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Marcal

Createx paint

Post by Marcal »

Hi all,

I'm thinkinf of buying Createx Pearl Acryllic paints to do azteking and this sort of things. But I have no experience with this brand...

Someone knows something??, are they OK for modeling??

thanks in advance
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Createx are made primarily for tee-shirt art and in my experience are a bit of trouble to work with on plastic.

First, they are what you might call soft. Even after several days of curing I could still wipe the paint off the plastic. A primer coat helped but they still damaged easily.

A liberal coating of Future and several more days of curing fixed the softness issue.

Why might you want to use such a troublesome paint? Well they've got some awfully cool colors.
Abolish Alliteration
lodger_001

Post by lodger_001 »

i've had the same trouble with them not curing very 'hard' and not adhereing well to plastic. Createx also makes another line (autoair IIRC) thats made for plastic/metal, never tried them personally though
Marcal

Post by Marcal »

I have just try out two lines of Createx paint: the classic one (general use) and Auto Air (for cars, helmets etc..). I ordered model Air (for modeling) but the shop send me the Auto air... I supose there is no much difference...

I ordered pearlescent white.

IT WORKS GREAT !!!

Ok, it needs a little bit more to get dry, but you can use a heating lamps or something...

Soluble in water, DO NOT USE ALCOHOL to dilute or clean the airbrush. It creates a coagulation that mess up everything... only water.

I can highly recomend it.
Boxster

Post by Boxster »

The adhering is it joke. My custom paintwork on an RC boat hull was destroyed by Auto Air. It peels off together with the tape AFTER clearing coating.

Marcal, I wish I am as successful as you using the Auto-air. They do have some fantastic farben. But I uses paint machen im Deutschland only. :D :D

Damn, should go back to my German study!

B
Marcal

Post by Marcal »

Box wrote:Damn, should go back to my German study!

B
Never mind, I'am from Barcelona and I don't speak fluent German... :)