Has anyone tried Mission Models Paints?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

seam-filler

Has anyone tried Mission Models Paints?

Post by seam-filler »

Has anyone tried Mission Models Paints yet?

https://www.missionmodelsus.com/

I'd be interested in any feedback on these. They have become available in the UK and, ounce for ounce, seem very competitively priced and a really extensive range. They also appear to do a chrome finish system along the same lines as Alclad, but not laquer-based.

Thanks
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson
gsb5w

Re: Has anyone tried Mission Models Paints?

Post by gsb5w »

Never heard of them and you made me curious to look them up on YouTube. There are quite a few reviews worth checking out there.

Looks like too much mixing of thinner and poly for my taste but YMMV.
NASAT38

Post by NASAT38 »

I have used Mission Models paints on a few projects including this Revell Talos and the Bronco Dongfeng-1 missile.

here are 3 or 4 different greens used on the Dongfeng-1 missile but the lights used to take the photo washed them out. In general, I found them easy to use and pretty robust after painting. I am not a fan of their primers although I did like the pink primer that I used as an undercoat for the red and yellow Talos missile. The mixing of the thinner and polyurethane additive is really simple as these bottles and the paint are in dropper type bottles. You do need to use the ratios that they suggest for the best results but it is very easy to drop out x drops of paint and y drops of primer. I actually found this to be a quicker way to measure paint than trying to pout paint out of a bottle and then mix in thinner from another container.

Have fun modeling
Mike
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

Thanks guys, it might be worth a trial.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson