pic posting instructions

Just what it implies.
dedalus5550

pic posting instructions

Post by dedalus5550 »

Man it's been a while since I posted a pic, and I can't find the simple instructions with a search at this forum. Does posting a pic require having the pic hosted at some other site like the old school photobucket? If I have a pic in my phone or computer, can I just paste it? Is there some preferred, free, reliable website for hosting if it's required?
Thanks,
Mike Todd
Memo to Mark Twain: But what if we have too many adults acting like babies?
Zubie

Re: pic posting instructions

Post by Zubie »

Pictures have to be posted on a third party site that allows for forum posting - not all picture hosting sites allow hotlinks to bulletin boards. Others that do may have terms/conditions/costs that may apply. SM.net does not have any mechanism to host or upload images.

Images are imbedded in a post using the "img" tag with a url

Code: Select all

[img]image URL[/img]
The tags also show up in the editor if you hit the small "picture" icon button (looks like a sun and a mountain)
While it hasn't been stated as official policy, I would suggest that you do not post large high res images on your posts (like straight off your digital camera), but smaller ones so as not to cause slow load times on the pages. Some hosting sites will automatically kick out a thumbnail sized image that you can use to link to a larger more detailed version.
La maquina sobre mi escritorio es una "computadora" del latin "computare", no un "ordenador". El estado de mi escritorio afirma eso. (yo/me)
lohengrin

Post by lohengrin »

A popular site for hosting pics is www.imgur.com. It would be a good solution if you plan on posting at SSM. It's free, easy to use and has a gallery to store your pics.

Then, just copy and paste the url between the tags below.

Code: Select all

[img]PostYourPicURLHere[/img]
www.All SCALE TREK.com
Dedicated to Star Trek scale modeling!
Forums (350, 1400, 1000, 2500 and more): https://www.allscaletrek.com
YouTube (Previews/Advanced Builds): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQZdlL ... 5hpZwpoBAA
Tracy Mann

Post by Tracy Mann »

1. I believe Photobucket has lifted their restrictions.

2. Are they allowing images in the forums here now?

Tracy
Lonewolf
Location: In a cloud of alcohol-thinned airbrushed acrylic paint!

Post by Lonewolf »

Images have been allowed since the last website upgrade.
Captain Pike: Don't make me laugh.
Commander Burnham: Fortunately for you, I was raised on Vulcan. We don't do funny.
Captain Pike: Ha! (ouch)
Commander Burnham: Maybe I should just shut up.

Math Problem: Sam has 100 model kits, Frank takes 10 model kits ... what does Sam have?
Answer: 100 model kits and a corpse.