Badger 360 air leak

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

jgoldader

Badger 360 air leak

Post by jgoldader »

Hi all,

I was using my airbrush yesterday. While spraying a bottle of cleaner through it, I noticed a lot of bubbles coming out around the screw-on bit that protects the needle and nozzle, just forward of the cup. I reset it, and same thing happened. Any ideas? It looked pretty clean, no obvious gunked paint. Is this maybe a sign my nozzle is clogging, and the air's got to get out *somewhere*? Thanks!
"You're gonna need a bigger display case."
Vetter

Post by Vetter »

I think that happens a lot as airbrushes age. All the removing and replacing messes with the threads. If the cap is clean, try rubbing some wax from a candle over the threads to seal it up.

I've borked one of mine up enough where I had to buy a replacement part.
I don't know what badger calls the part but it's an aircap for Pasche and a needlecap for Iwata.
Kekker

Post by Kekker »

Get some teflon tape from the plumbing section of the hardware store. A roll will last a long, long time.

Wrap a bit around the thread of the "male" part and join 'em up. I had leakage from the air hose connector on my old Badger and this stopped it dead. Make sure you wrap it in the direction the "female" part turns, or you can undo the seal as you attach them.
jgoldader

Post by jgoldader »

Both seem like good bits of advice, thanks!
"You're gonna need a bigger display case."
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

The cap or the nozzle just behind it?
Abolish Alliteration