Return of the Jedi: Mon Calamari Crusier "Home ONE"

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

jpolacchi

Return of the Jedi: Mon Calamari Crusier "Home ONE"

Post by jpolacchi »

I'm considering taking a stab at scratching the other Calamari Cruiser "Home One" from ROTJ, mainly a small scale (in scale with some Anigrand 1/12256 kits). I'm talking about the longer, slender looking ship w/o the wings.

I'm not finding much in the way of "reference photos" and I'm curious to know if anyone one out there in the "studio scale" universe is taking on a similar project? I can't find much beyond some "movie stills and some fan made stuff", not really enough to go on and my Star Wars Chronicles book doesn't provide enough photos per say. Just a "beauty shot" and a couple small "behind the scene s photos".

I'd say that many/most ILM models have been replicated by those out there in the studio scale hobby, just "not sure" about this one? If anyone might be able to point me in the direction for better reference pictures so I can get a good 3-4 viewed "accurate" drawing that would be a heck of a start in the right direction for me. Many thanks in advance~J
USSARCADIA

Post by USSARCADIA »

There were some great pics in the "Art of ROTJ" book from the 80's. I traded mine to Odyssey Slipways years ago. It had very nice pics of both Mon Cal cruisers in it.
Did you eat your Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs this morning?
jpolacchi

Post by jpolacchi »

Hmmm...I have those books, but I'm not entirely sure where they are? They are somewhere "in storage". I haven't looked at them in a long time. Ultimately I do need some multiple view drawings or references of it, not just "beauty shots" which are really far more useful for painting reference.
USSARCADIA

Post by USSARCADIA »

Might want to post this in SW or General section. There's got to be something out there.
Did you eat your Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs this morning?
jpolacchi

Post by jpolacchi »

I got the photo attachments, so thank you for that(shot you back an e-mail).No, I've not found much, not much more than what you've found. What would be incredible is if my ILM contacts would allow me to view the model and take a bunch of photos, but fat chance of that happening and I'm sure George wouldn't allow anyone to bring in a camera or anything.