Photo etched stainless steel buckles

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

cappy

Photo etched stainless steel buckles

Post by cappy »

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I figured it is for a project I'm trying to finish so...... Looking for a variety of different sized buckles,
ranging from 1.5 mm to 3 mm dia square. Is there something like that floating around? Every where I look they are grouped in with a variety of different parts. I don't mind buying the extra parts, if I can get what I need out of the frets, just unsure as to what scale I should look at to get the sizes I need. The style type is square, with a single line in the center.

Thanks
Don't worry I got an idea!
An idea so smart, that my head would explode,
if I even began to know what I was talking about.
Harry Joy

Post by Harry Joy »

I am primarily an airplane modeler, so I look at photoetch sets all the time, and I don't know of anything that just has buckles. However, lots of airplane modelers make their own all the time, out of fine wire [very common technique]. There are also lots of tutorials for making seat belts out of masking tape, and I've seen at least one where the builder does the belt buckles too and it looks fine. You wouldn't have to worry about extras or getting the scale perfect!

Here is one tutorial, where the builder gets just a little fancy, but it's all tape:

http://www.hyperscale.com/2007/features ... tsrf_1.htm

Here's an example using wire:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/yabb2/YaBB ... 1267975687
DaveVan

Post by DaveVan »

I'd check 1/8, 1/12 or 1/24 scale model car racing seat belt kits. Might find what you need there.
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

1/48 and 1/32 WW2 photoetch aircraft sets. The older Eduard sets, particularly.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati