Liquid Glue Applicators

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Ace Airspeed

Liquid Glue Applicators

Post by Ace Airspeed »

For many years, I've used a squeeze bottle with a very thin, blunt hypodermic needle appicator for Tenax..................but my bottle has seen better days.

Are there any bottles out there with very thin needles? I've tried the ones with larger bore needles, but they tend to pour, not precisely apply the Tenax.
walter

Post by walter »

look in a pet shop for a bottle to feed baby animales . your bottle top may fit them.
skinnyscott

Post by skinnyscott »

Being new and an active member of another forum I found an idea from them, someone said to try a syringe with a dull needle used to fill ink cartriges. so I got some off ebay, and did the water test to simulate liquid cement.. boy are these gonna work great one drop at a time, long needle easy reach, etc etc

skinny..............
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

I use something that sounds exactly like what you've described. I get mine from Caboose Hobbies, in Denver, but you can order from them online. Is this what you need?
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

I like the Touch'n'flow applicator.

http://www.flex-i-file.com/html/adhesives.html
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson
ajmadison

Post by ajmadison »

As that I've ruined two of these, don't use the touch-n-flow as a superglue accelerator applicator. Sounds obvious, I guess, but I kept thinking, the accelerator is only going out and won't clog with CA. Apparently capillary action pulls the glue back into the tiny applicator tube.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I've tried using the TnF applicator with Ambroid/Tenax and it clogs about 1/2 the time I use it. (and I've got three of em) It doesn't help that whatever plastic holds that needle in place is very susceptible to liquid cement.

When it does work, it's awesome. But I'm using beaten up paintbrushes more.
"Of all the chili that I've eaten in my travels, this has the most.......Cumin."
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

If your capillary applicator clogs, just tip it in the Tenax for a few seconds and then touch it to some paper. It will happen now and again.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

I just use a brush or a bow pen.
Abolish Alliteration
Ace Airspeed

Post by Ace Airspeed »

Mr. Badwrench wrote:I use something that sounds exactly like what you've described. I get mine from Caboose Hobbies, in Denver, but you can order from them online. Is this what you need?
That is exactly what I was seeking!

Thanks! :D