1/350 build: Clear coat for Krylon Fusion?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

trekman89

1/350 build: Clear coat for Krylon Fusion?

Post by trekman89 »

Being new I've been reading lots of the clears you guys use, but am confused by the different types and names. Being where I am from many of the clears mentioned on this forum are unfamiliar and unavailable here.

I've been reading about all the different types of clear dull coats for my 1/350 Enterprise. It has a base of Krylon Fusion Gloss White on which I will put the Polar Lights Aztecing decals on. It recommends a clear over the Aztecs before putting the marking decals on and then one final coat of dull clear.

Should I use a premixed spraybomb? If so what common brand should I use that will be safe for the decals, not yellow the paint and be safe to use over the Krylon Fusion Gloss White? I have access to a simple airbrush so what common brand of clear should I use that would be safe for the Krylon Fusion Gloss White top-coat?

Thanks for reading.
irishtrek

Post by irishtrek »

If you're going to airbrush on any clear coat from a 1/5 ounce jar you'll need at least 5 jars.
Normal?? What is normal??