Black Hole's V.I.N.CENT MPC model lighting kit

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan

Black Hole's V.I.N.CENT MPC model lighting kit

Post by TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan »

A friend sent me the link to something cool he found on a starship lighting group on FacePalm. It's a lighting kit for MPC's V.I.N.CENT kit.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2414178 ... 090261974/

I am told that these are sold for about 50 pounds. Is this something that could be more cheaply replicated with one of these arduino devices that is discussed on here?
Greg
Plastic modeling and other nerd stuff in Japan on my YouTube channel
My WIP modeling page on Tumblr.
One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick. And I was like, "That log had a child!"
Ant

Re: Black Hole's V.I.N.CENT MPC model lighting kit

Post by Ant »

Yeah that controller board looks like major overkill, although I get the impression that's just a generic driver with far greater capabilities.
TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan

Re: Black Hole's V.I.N.CENT MPC model lighting kit

Post by TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan »

Ant wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:09 am Yeah that controller board looks like major overkill, although I get the impression that's just a generic driver with far greater capabilities.
When I saw the controller board, I thought, "what the hell?" It is too big to fit inside of the model. I think learning how to do an Arduino would be far cheaper, but it requires some studying.
Greg
Plastic modeling and other nerd stuff in Japan on my YouTube channel
My WIP modeling page on Tumblr.
One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick. And I was like, "That log had a child!"