eBay auctions

Rules of the road governing participation on these forums. All members are responsible for reading and heeding.

Moderators: TER-OR, onezero, LindaSmile

onezero
Site Admin
Location: In my living room watching - but I am not laughing.

eBay auctions

Post by onezero »

Posting links to eBay auctions is just causing too much heartache. So - no more, even if it's your own auction and you want to list it in the trading post.

All threads containing links to an eBay auction will be shut down.
<*>
j
john lester
Starship Modeler

A hyphenated word and a non-hyphenated word walk into a bar and the bartender nearly chokes on the irony.
LindaSmile
Site Admin

Post by LindaSmile »

And that means that not only can you not link to an auction, but don't refer to an eBay auction in any way, such as referencing an item ID.

Just leave eBay auctions off these discussion boards, m'kay?

Linda
Is this plastic thingy on the counter a model part or can I throw it away?
LindaSmile
Site Admin

Post by LindaSmile »

eBay links are allowed only in the "Marketplace" forum. You can only link to your own auction.
LindaSmile
Site Admin

Post by LindaSmile »

Since an explanation of this rule has been asked for again, here it is:

Look, guys. Here's the deal: We've tried allowing eBay links, and about half the time, somebody criticizes the auction saying that the seller is ripping people off, or the model is not up to the quality described. The seller never asked for the critique, nor does it matter what the quality is. An auction is simply "here's what I've got for sale, if you want to buy it, bid on it. If you don't like the quality (or whatever), don't buy it."

Also, when it comes to sci-fi models, chances are the seller is either a member of this board, or goes to the main site and lurks here. So now they are exposed to all of this criticism which (a) was not asked for and (b) is irrelevant because that's what he's got and that's what he's selling, regardless of how good/bad you think it is.

So after years of going back and forth on this, we just decided ENOUGH. If you want to post a link to your own auction to promote the sale, fine, do it in Marketplace. Otherwise, please keep eBay off these boards. If you really think the item is worth discussing here, then email the seller and ask him to participate in a thread here on the boards.

Got it? Good. :)

Linda