Citadel Dry Paint, a perfect match to a color I need.. BUT!!

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

DarKev

Citadel Dry Paint, a perfect match to a color I need.. BUT!!

Post by DarKev »

Hello Folks

Okay I was searching for a color in the paint racks of my LHS and well surprisingly Citadel has the color I'm looking for "BUT"it is in their "DRY" line of game (Miniature RPG I assume) colors!!! Since I was hoping to airbrush on the color I want for this "Anime" model kit I was wondering what one has to do to turn this dry paint into something I can use!!! Any Help and/or Suggestions would be GREATLY Appreciated!!!

DarKev
Why would one buy a "NEW" Multi_Million Dollar Management Information System that can't do processes that the old system did correctly?? Answer - Someone in Upper Level Administration got a "GIFT" (Unknown Author)
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

Word is that acrylic reducer will work. Get ready to mix and mix though to get it from the jelly it starts out as to something you can brush or airbrush with. And I would definitely strain it if you're going to airbrush.

-Rog
SpaceRanger1

Re: Citadel Dry Paint, a perfect match to a color I need.. B

Post by SpaceRanger1 »

DarKev wrote:Hello Folks

Okay I was searching for a color in the paint racks of my LHS and well surprisingly Citadel has the color I'm looking for "BUT"it is in their "DRY" line of game (Miniature RPG I assume) colors!!! Since I was hoping to airbrush on the color I want for this "Anime" model kit I was wondering what one has to do to turn this dry paint into something I can use!!! Any Help and/or Suggestions would be GREATLY Appreciated!!!

DarKev
From what I have read, they are intended for dry-brushing over a base coat to add highlights. But if they are the same formula as their other paints, you should be able to thin them with the same type of thinner used by their other paints. One user reports thinning it for airbrushing with an acrylic reducer or flow extender.
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
Carrollton, TX

"Yup, exactly what SpaceRanger1 is saying. 100%" — seashark