Iwata Triple Action Handle Set vs Preset Handle

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Wug

Iwata Triple Action Handle Set vs Preset Handle

Post by Wug »

Should I buy a Triple Action Handle or a Preset Handle for my Iwata Eclipse.

I intended to purchase a Preset Handle at Wonderfest. Tag Team didn't have any at the show and they gave me a hard sell on the Triple Action Handle.

I'm sure the Preset will do everything I need it to do - easily limit the diameter of the spray. The Triple Action does lots of stuff I don't need and it looks fiddley. Oddly, the very complicated Triple Action Handle Set is less expensive than the Preset.

I searched for videos of the Triple Action Handle. All I found were stupid time-wasting unboxing videos that offered nothing to recommend it or how to use it properly.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the subject? Does anyone use either or both?

Thanks

Mike
zysurge

Post by zysurge »

I have the triple action handle. It works well.

My main complaint with it, is that you can no longer remove the needle from the front, as many people recommend for cleaning, to prevent pulling paint from the cup backwards into the seal and trigger assembly.

I haven't seen the preset handle in person to know if it similarly permanently attaches to the needle.
Wug

Post by Wug »

Thanks